Programme Overview & Requirements
Executive Certificate in Islamic Banking and Finance [ECIBF]
Three-Month [ Part-Time & Full-Time] Executive Certificate in Islamic Banking and Finance
The Three-Month [Part-Time] Executive Certificate program is developed for Executives and Decision Makers in the Financial, Private and Public sectors who may be interested in acquiring knowledge in Islamic banking and financial system. It is designed to provide a basic but comprehensive understanding of the principles, nature and forms of Islamic banking and finance. It also provides a practical guide in the creation/conversion and operation of an Islamic Banking Window in a conventional Bank. The course will assist Executives that are considering the offering of Islamic financial services, in developing a business case by understanding the requirements and dynamics of the sector.
- To train Executives desiring specialization in Islamic banking and finance in order to assist expansion in the banking industry.
- To introduce participants to instruments and techniques used in Islamic banking and finance, and appreciate the theoretical and practical aspects of Islamic financial engineering.
- To develop a sound understanding of the Islamic legal principles and doctrines associated with Islamic finance.
- To assist participants to develop the ability to critically evaluate the nature and economic benefits of various types of Portfolio investments; and reflect on the roles, skills and responsibilities needed for effective management of the Portfolio.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of the roles, skills and responsibilities needed for effective management and corporate governance of an Islamic Bank.
Structure and Duration
The Program is to be run both full-time and part-time, to suit the working hours of professionals. It is structured for Three-month duration.
|1||Refresher course in Islamic Banking & Finance||3||Core|
|2||Muamalat and Fiqh||3||Core|
|3||Principle and Practice of Islamic Banking||3||Core|
|4||Introduction to Takaful||3||Core|
|5||Introduction to Sukuk||3||Core|
|6||Principle and Practice of Banking||3||Elective|
|7||Principle and Practice of Insurance||3||Elective|
|8||Capital Market and portfolio Analysis||3||Elective|
The program is intended for Middle and Senior Management Executives who want to explore opportunities in the area of Islamic Banking and Finance in their organizations and/or are looking to increase their own personal development in the field. Typical job titles, amongst others, include:
- Chief Executive Officers [CEO]/Deputy CEOs
- Managing Directors/Deputy MDs
- General Managers/Deputy/Assistant MDs
- Board Directors
- Specialist Managers responsible for business development and strategic planning
- Head of Human Resources
Teaching and Learning Methods
- The Learning and Teaching is provided through lectures, seminars, group work and case studies.
- Contact and feedback is typically provided through projects, coursework assessments (eg. Essays, tests etc), lectures, seminars, groupwork, and one-to-one contact with staff within the personal tutoring system.
- Class size shall not exceed 20 participants.
Attendance and Assessment
- For each module of the program, a student is required to attend in-class hours, complete the required written assignments and write the final examination.
- All students are required to ensure a MINIMUM attendance of 80% in order to qualify to write the final examinations.
- Each module may also have specific requirements that need to be met in order to gain credit for the module.
The Program fee structure is as follows:
|1.||Application Form Fees||N15,000|
All fees are paid at the appropriate times. Failure to pay shall result in expulsion from the program. Course fees are fully refundable (100%) if the candidate decides to withdraw two weeks prior to the commencement of the course. Course fees are NOT refundable if withdrawal takes place at any time later than two weeks prior to commencement of the course.
Duration of Study